It’s important for commercial mortgage brokers to properly market themselves and their companies. In order to drive in business, you need to make lasting connections and engage potential clients and referral sources. Marketing your brand might seem difficult at first, but with a few simple marketing ideas it’s easy to get started.
- Don’t bite off more than you can chew. When you’re just getting started, diving into a number of different media can be overwhelming. It’s a good idea to start off with one or two channels, and add more as you become more experienced.
- Don’t be “always selling.” When marketing in an effort to drive business, it’s important for commercial mortgage brokers not to appear too self-serving. To keep your audience’s attention it’s important to provide them with content. Using your marketing efforts to educate your clients and sources is a great way to engage and inform them.
- Choose your channels wisely. There are many different media that commercial mortgage brokers can use for marketing. It’s important to know your audience and what media they use. Are the people you want to reach on LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter? Do they prefer email updates and newsletters? You need to do a little research and then choose the channels which will help you reach your potential clients and sources.
- Direct your audience to a specific place. It’s important to use your marketing tools to direct your potential clients to one specific place. This can be a company website, your LinkedIn page or any other social networking sites you use.
- Use your own voice. Whether you’re sending out a company newsletter or updating your LinkedIn profile, it’s important to use your own voice. If you don’t, you run the risk of coming across as unauthentic.
- Connect with your existing network. If you’re just getting started with social media or email marketing, it’s a great idea to connect with the people you’re already doing business with. These people know you and are more likely to engage and interact with your marketing efforts.
When marketing yourself as a commercial mortgage broker, it’s important to know the basics and to have a plan. As you get started remember to pace yourself, provide your audience with useful content, and use the right media to market your product. Make sure to direct your customers and sources to one place. Remember to speak and write in your own voice and to connect with current clients and sources. If you follow these easy marketing ideas, you can get your message out and drive in new business.